Working for a while in an environment of plants and with many projects, we have encountered that materials transport inside of the plant is the case that always generates smaller or bigger problems. On the one hand, we have internal logistics workers, who often are not equipped with any modern work support system, and even if the organization has invested in the implementation of the kanban, it is usually complicated and difficult to use system. On the other hand, we have production workers for whom ordering components and half-finished products is an unwanted necessity wasting their time which should be used to realize production plan.
While analyzing the case, we have noticed 3 main factors causing internal factory transport to be inefficient, unclear and impossible to control.
- It is available online via a safe, encrypted connection. It is enough to have connection to the internet to start the usage of the app in a matter of minutes.
- We assumed, that some of the users are not proficient at the usage of computers/tablets, so we designed the app which is maximally simple to use both from computers and from tablets.
- The key factor in the matter of speeding up and improving the process of transport is a propagation of the information in real-time. Thanks to the usage of real-time technology, all process sites are informed about making an order, or a change in order's status in a matter of seconds.
- In application were marked visually information that enables proper identification of the material and quantity in that way to eliminate wrong orders.
- The application is fully managed from the administrator's panel both before implementation and during the work. It allows for example reconfiguration of the plant's layout and the direction of material flow from day to day, from shift to shift, and even from hour to hour.
- Every key indicator as graphs and statements are available in real-time in a few shots of time. Moreover, it is possible to export the list of orders with all details to XLSX format in order to make an advanced analysis.